- Thousands expected at the 34th Faro Motorcycle Rally in Portugal (Thu 16th to Sun 19th July)
- Cold beer served to Victory riders on the Friday and Saturday nights
- Celebrate the launch of Victory Motorcycles in Portugal
Victory Motorcycles will be at the Faro Motorcycle Rally for the very first time this coming weekend.
Now in its 34th year, the Faro Motorcycle Rally (AKA Faro 34) is the biggest biker gathering in Southern Europe and draws in around 20,000 bikers from Thursday morning through to Sunday night.
Victory’s range of motorcycles went on sale for the first time in Portugal earlier this year, so the brand is looking forward to being at the rally and meeting new owners over the four days.
Faro 34 will bring in thousands of bikers; mainly for the hot and sunny weather, sparkling sea, great roads and plenty of live music and entertainment.
24-hour bars – Live concerts each night – Erotic shows each night – Wet T-shirt contest Bike Show – Trade stands – Biker Fair – Tattoo stands – Tattoo contest – Camping
“The atmosphere is the perfect mix of hospitality, good music, terrific weather and incredible views for riders passing through the Algarve region in the South of Portugal,” explains Indian Motorcycle marketing specialist, Miriam Torrens, who is manning the Indian Motorcycle booth over the four-day-long rally.
She adds: “The rally takes place just a few kilometres away from the sea where you can enjoy the best seafood in the region. These are the ingredients that have drawn thousands of bikers over the years, mainly from Portugal, Spain and the UK, but also from the Netherlands, France and Germany.”
The rally itself is hosted on recreational grounds just north of the airport (co-ordinates 37 01’28.00”N, 7 58’38.00”W).
The entry price is 45 Euros for all four days and includes coupons for free meals. Attendees get a an official goody bag containing a T-shirt, rally badge, sticker and draw tickets to win a new motorcycle and a week in Daytona.
Entry is also available from 2pm onwards on the Saturday for 30 Euros, but this does not include the meal coupons or the draw tickets.
Here’s the program:
09:30 The rally kicks off
21:30 Live music on the main stage
19:00 Welcome to Victory Motorcycles riders on our booth. Cold beer served.
21.30 Live music on the main stage
La Madre que los parió
Red Hot Chilli Pipers
Guns 2 Roses
14:00 The Bike Show opens
Miss Faro is chosen on the main stage
19.00 Victory Motorcycles riders meet in our booth for a cold beer
21.30 Live music on the main stage
12:00 A raffle to win a Victory Boardwalk on the main stage
Notes to Editors
- More details about the rally are at: http://www.motoclubefaro.pt/Actividades/Saloes/Bilbao/_Imprensa_Bilbao/Home_UK/body_home_uk.html
- There are free bus trips from the site to and from Faro to see the city that run from 11am Thursday to 8am on Sunday
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Consumer Report link > http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2015/04/which-motorcycle-brand-has-the-highest-owner-satisfaction/index.htm
- Victory Motorcycles became increasingly involved in racing this year. It is competing in the USA’s national drag racing championship (NHRA) and is sponsoring Urs Erbacher’s drag racing team.
- Victory Motorcycles came third in the electric Zero TT race on the Isle of Man. At Pikes Peak, it entered a hand-built bike, called Project 156, which had a prototype V-Twin engine.
ABOUT VICTORY MOTORCYCLES
Victory Motorcycles designs, engineers, manufactures and markets a full line of cruisers, baggers and touring motorcycles. Every Victory model delivers industry-leading performance, comfort, style, storage and reliability. The first Victory was produced on the Fourth of July, 1998, in Spirit Lake, Iowa, where every Victory motorcycle continues to be produced today. Information about Victory motorcycles, apparel and accessories is available at www.VictoryMotorcycles.com